Our Business Clients
We provide our business clients with permanent, contract and temporary recruitment solutions – matching skills, experience and team fit. We also assist with advice on market information and consulting services.
- Permanent and contract recruitment. We provide shortlists of candidates to our clients. The client makes the final appointment decision. We charge the client a percentage of the starting salary.
- Temping. Assignments range from 4 hours to months or even years. These are phoned in by our business clients at any time of the day or night. We invoice clients for the hours you work.
We maintain a pool of temps who have been interviewed, skills tested, reference and security checked, and ready to go. When you temp through us, we are your employer and based on your hours worked, we pay you directly.
Our service to candidates is totally free
. When you register to look for work, you will be interviewed, skills assessed, and reference and security checked. We are also happy to provide you with advice on the recruitment market and process.
To register with GBL
Contact us via email or phone to discuss making an appointment for an interview.
The registration process
- If you're responding to an advertised role, contact us immediately! We need to fill vacancies ASAP – there are not always closing dates and once we have received enough responses, we may close off the vacancy.
For a list of our current vacancies, click here.
- If you want to register with us and wait for the right role. We will contact you when a suitable position becomes available. It is hard to predict the timeframe for the ideal role to be available – be patient!
To register with us, see our register & job alerts now »
Working with your consultant
- Interviews with a consultant can take up to 1 hour. In addition, skills assessments can take up to 1 hour
- The interview with our agency should be treated as a formal job interview – Dress to impress!
- If you have any special requirements or requests for the interview, please let your consultant know in advance.
- Bring your:–
- Current CV
- Contact details of two work related referees
- Written references
- Academic transcript
- Relevant certificates
- Photo ID (either your passport or drivers licence) – to complete Ministry of Justice clearance procedures
- If you want to temp through us, we will also need your bank account details and IRD number.
Be up front and honest with your consultant. If you have any reservations about a role or have other job interviews organised, please tell us. The consultant needs to have confidence in you to be able to represent you well to the client.
Use your consultant as a sounding board – we're only too happy to give advice and discuss career options in a general way.
Keep in contact with us
Stay in touch with your consultant. This will help you remain uppermost in your consultant's mind, particularly for non-advertised roles. You should be proactive and take responsibility to maintain contact between us.
Keep an eye on our website – we advertise our roles on our website and it is updated daily. If you see a role you would like to hear more about – email us!
Make sure your GBL Consultant is up-to-date with changes of details, new skills and experience.
- When you're looking for work, ring or email with your availability at least once a week
- If you are not available, ring or email ASAP with a contact phone number and your next available dates.
- Don't hesitate to contact us regarding any of our advertised positions
- Ring or email your consultant every 3 to 4 weeks.