GBL Personnel is committed to protecting your privacy in all our dealings with you, whether through our website's on-line services or through direct contact with our consultants. When using our website, we want you to have a safe and secure experience. We will endeavour to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
Collecting your Personal Information
GBL Personnel collects your personal information:
- From you directly by email, mail or delivered;
- Through the GBL Personnel’s website; or
- In response to GBL Personnel’s printed and online advertisements.
Additional personal information may be gained from:
- External third parties (such as nominated referees); or
- Publicly available sources (such as the Ministry of Justice or Baycorp).
If GBL Personnel has not already gained prior consent, GBL Personnel will take reasonable steps to inform you that it has collected information from the third party.
Should you be employed as a GBL Personnel temporary employee, we will also gain the following personal information:
Use of Personal Information
- Work performance information while on assignment;
- Information about health and safety incidents while on assignment;
- Information relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes while on assignment; or
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships.
GBL Personnel may collect personal information from you so that they can:
- Assess your suitability for seeking and retaining employment opportunities;
- Assist in your career performance and training;
- Assist in staff management;
- Analyse labour market and human resources trends; or
- Help in work rehabilitation; or
- Manage client and business relationships.
The personal information that GBL Personnel collects about you may included the information that you placed in your job application or resume, for example your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, career history, details of any assessments or other information relating to your career.
GBL Personnel, as a general rule does not collect sensitive information about you. However, in circumstances where GBL Personnel requires sensitive information from you for the purposes of providing our services to you, or if the law requires GBL Personnel to provide this information, GBL Personnel will first seek your consent to collect it.
Use by Third Parties
GBL Personnel may use and disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose, such as providing you with one of our services. Accordingly, GBL Personnel may disclose your personal information to a number of third parties, including but not limited to:
- Prospective employers;
- Clients who may wish to engage your services as a temporary employee or a contractor;
- GBL Personnel suppliers or service providers, including organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests, medical or health & safety assessments on behalf of GBL Personnel;
- Your nominated referees;
- Any authorised government organisation;
- Any law enforcement body, including the New Zealand Police; or
- Any educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
If GBL Personnel discloses personal information to any third party, GBL Personnel will generally request these parties to protect such personal information in the same way that GBL Personnel does.
Skills/Personality Assessed Only
Personal information for individuals who have been referred to GBL Personnel by clients for skills and/or personality assessments only are not stored on the GBL Personnel recruitment database. These results are held separately in the skills testing assessment systems with the results being presented to the client.
Accuracy of Information
GBL Personnel takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects is accurate, up to date and complete. If your personal information has changed, please contact your consultant and they will update and correct the information.
GBL Personnel may also contact you from time to time to check the information is still correct.
GBL Personnel takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, and misuse. The use of locks and security systems assist GBL Personnel in protecting your personal information.
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on GBL Personnel's software or systems.
When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
Information Collected on GBL Personnel's Website
When you access GBL Personnel's website, GBL Personnel gathers information about users collectively. Such information includes the areas that users visit most frequently and the services users access the most. GBL Personnel will only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. By doing so, GBL Personnel can optimise the services it provides to you.
GBL Personnel may also collect personal information that individuals choose to provide via online forms or by email. Any personal information provided online is treated in the same manner as any personal information collected through other means (unless specifically outlined in this Policy).
GBL Personnel's Website and Cookies
Please note that clicking on to links on our website may result in you transferring to another website where data privacy practices may be different to that of GBL Personnel visitors. You should review the other websites' privacy policies, as we have no control over what happens to information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Changes to This Policy
GBL Personnel may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.
Contacting GBL Personnel
Please contact our Privacy Officer at GBL Personnel if you have a request relating to any of the following:
- If you would like to access your personal details collected by GBL Personnel;
- If you would like GBL Personnel to change any of your personal details;
- If you would like your personal details removed from the GBL Personnel database; or
You may contact GBL Personnel's Privacy Officer using the following details:
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 10-435